Why CHESS Connect?
CHESS Connect has been born out of the numerous emails and requests for help received from members wanting to find local community. We realise that many of our members feel isolated, particularly those who have not yet found local groups in which to find much needed connection, support and encouragement. Take heart! CHESS Connect is our way of providing a special community to join, and a regular meeting place for you wherever you live! CHESS Connect offers you a fantastic opportunity to get to know other Christian families, to share together, pray with, and be encouraged in your home education journey. We have a wide variety of topics and sessions being planned over the coming months, please do join us for as many as you are able. We do plan to record the sessions, and links will usually be emailed round to members shortly after for catch-up viewing.
If there is a subject you would like us to cover, feel free to email any ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Connect Events
Next Meeting: TBC
We will begin this season by sharing an informal time together over a cuppa to kick start our Connect meets. Bring a brew in your favourite cup or mug! Home education is a road of incredible achievements but can also be quite challenging at times. Sharing and praying together can bring so much encouragement whatever season we are in! There will also be opportunity to let us know what topics you would find helpful to cover over the next few months.
Previous Connect Events
- Responding to the Consultation on Draft Guidance session
- Self Care, How do we balance the needs of our family whilst also looking after ourselves
- Dealing with Officialdom, Local Authorities, Visits or Reports, Report writing
- Fiction Books, Chris Eastwood & Caitie Hedgcock authors and inspiration
- Raising Godly Teens. Foundations, Boundaries, Self Image, Godly relationships, Technology
- Gods provision through challenging times
- Another Way To Learn
- The Schools Bill
- Keeping our joy
- George Muller’s Life
To view previous Connect events please register for membership